TV ads and social media keep making us believe that owning more is the way to happiness. We see how happy people get on TV when they buy something, as if it’s going to solve all their problems. People on social media buy new things and show it off happily. The truth is, owning more doesn’t make you happy at least not on the long-term. The instant gratification fades quickly and leaves a void. Below is a list of short positive quotes that will show you why less leads to more happiness :
1. "For the longest time, I thought needed to be more organized. Now I know I just needed less stuff."
2. "Your home is living space not storage space."
3. "Clutter is not just physical stuff, it’s old ideas, toxic relationships, and bad habits." –Eleanor Brown
4. "You don’t need more space, you need less stuff"
5. "The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past."
6. "Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without."
7. "Clutter is the enemy of clarity."
8. "Fewer things, more peace."
9. "Less stuff, fewer problems."
10. "Detox your timeline, your page, your home, your refrigerator, under your counters, your closet, your ride, your phone, your life, and your mind."
11. "Own less. Do more."
12. "We live in a society where we're told that the only way to be happy is to do more, have more and be more. It isn't true."
13. "Don’t go broke trying to look rich."
14. "Buy less, choose well, make it last."
15. "He who buys what he does not need steals from himself." –Swedish proverb
16. "Clutter represents indecisions. Make a decision and clear the clutter."
17. "External clutter is internal clutter on display."
18. "The first step to getting what you want is having the courage to get rid of what you don’t."
19. "It’s better to donate than accumulate."
20. "Decluttering is the new shopping."
21. "Nobody ever said I regret decluttering."
22. "Maybe the life you’ve always wanted is buried under everything you own."
23. "You might get 85 years on this planet, don’t spend 64 paying off a lifestyle you can’t afford."
24. "I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see little."
25. "Once you need less, you will have more."
26."The greatest wealth is to live content with little." -Plato
27. "Small needs lead to a large life."
28. "Where there is too much, something is missing."
29. "Many things are good, many things are important, but only a few are essential."
30. "A simple life is its own reward."
31. "Living simply is simply living."
32. "The need for less often results in a life of more."
33. "Abundance is a full heart, not a full house."
34. "Care less about what you own. Care more about how you live."
35. "The easiest way to organize your stuff is to get rid of most of it."
36. "You weren’t born to just pay bills and die."
37. "Instead of working hard to make ends meet, work on having fewer ends."
38. "I choose to be happy now. I don’t need more stuff, better weather, a bigger budget or a smaller body, or to be any different from who I already am. Now is a perfect time to be happy."
39. "The happiest people are the givers, not the takers."
40. "Jut because you don’t share it on social media, doesn’t mean you’re not up to big things. Live it and stay low key. Privacy is everything." – Denzel Washington