We all have certain physical traits we’re instantly attracted to in other people. Sometimes it’s hair, sometimes it’s height, sometimes it’s eye color. But that can only take you so far. Some of the best parts of dating and falling in love are discovering those traits in people that you’re unexpectedly attracted to – the ones that have nothing to do with their looks. Oftentimes, it will even surprise you. Here are 50 characteristics you can be attracted to in people that have nothing to do with their physical appearance.
1. Their handwriting.
2. The way their personality can come through even in a text.
3. Their laugh.
4. When they remember things about you that you only mentioned once.
5. Their dancing, regardless of whether they’re good or bad at it.
6. Being confident without being arrogant.
7. When their laugh makes other people laugh.
8. The way they quote their favorite movies.
9. When they get worked up over something they’re passionate about.
10. Their voice.
11. When they treat their supposed “inferiors” the same way they treat their superiors.
12. An ability to admit when they’re wrong.
13. When you discover some of their secret, nerdy tendencies.
14. When they sing a song and they think no one is listening.
15. Being well-read.
16. If they can play an instrument (without being the guy that brings out his guitar at every. single. party.)
17. When they have a surprising amount of knowledge on a really random or obscure subject.
18. Their sense of humor.
19. A strong sense of curiosity.
20. When you see how they behave around their family.
21. Their unique scent.
22. Their ability to discuss a wide range of topics.
23. When they’re good with kids.
24. Their taste in music.
25. When they have the ability to be playful and goofy.
26. Their humility.
27. If they can speak a foreign language.
28. When they can tease you without being offensive.
29. Their intelligence.
30. When they’re not afraid to call you out if you’re being ridiculous or stubborn.
31. Their vulnerability.
32. When they laugh so hard that they tend to wet themselves, or have their drink come out of their nose.
33. The way they pronounce certain words.
34. When they have integrity about everything they do.
36. When they know how to take a joke.
38. Watching them watch their favorite tv show.
39. When they’re good at cooking. Or are at least trying to learn.
40. Their optimism.
41. Having good social skills – they know how to be friendly and hold a conversation without being obnoxious or ostentatious.
42. When they know what’s going on in the news.
43. When they can explain foreign concepts to you without being pretentious.
44. When they have an unexpected guilty pleasure (reality tv, cheesy romance novels, candy addictions, etc.)
45. An ability to speak the language of sarcasm.
46. When they know how to have fun and let loose, but also know their limits.
47. Fierce loyalty.
48. Motivation and drive.
49. If they help clean up when someone else prepares food for them.